Favorites

06 May, 2014

How To Finish Reading The Whole Dictionary

Do you find reading the whole dictionary boring? And, you also wish you'd finish reading it? You are not alone.


Personally, I tried reading  the dictionary , and the maximum number of pages I can handle was only 5 pages. My head gets dizzy like I can't go on further. And, most of the time, new words were easily forgotten. It's sad when you have an idea for the right approach but still doing the wrong one. One might say that only Superman can do that in one sitting? But, I got one question, have you seen him reading in films? Well, I'm just kidding. Actually, I am a fan of Superman. 

Anyway, the only effective way to finish reading the whole dictionary is to read it everyday. That's my own opinion. Well, just correct me if I am wrong. I believe it is possible if it's a daily routine, and I called this the 3-pages-a-day method.


Let's say for example, your dictionary has 625 pages, just like mine. In a very simple arithmetic, supposing that in one year there's 365 days, most likely, one will finish reading it for almost two years if only reading  one page per day.



On the other hand, reading the dictionary using 3-pages-a-day method, one could finish reading it for six months. 


So, why 3 pages and not 5 or even 10 pages? Well, my answer is that we also need to consider the attention span of an average person. Personally, I think 3 pages a day is somewhat challenging already. However, it's a case to case basis. One may develop a good hobby and as well as focus that could make him or her tolerate another two pages in a day, and eventually increase the number of pages furthermore. The higher the number of pages to read per day will definitely shorten the time in attaining the finish line.

In contrast, it is a given fact that there are some things that we also need to prioritze that may affect our time to read the dictionary, thus, it is advisable to develop a time management skill. Make it a habit and a routine.

Try it, and build your vocabulary everyday. Everyday is a learning day.

Some Products Related To Post:


              

No comments:

Post a Comment