Favorites

06 May, 2014

Playing Card Play Tong-et With Myself


Do you think it's craziness? Not really! Honestly, it's better than the other solitary card game known as Solitaire when you wanted to be alone, doing nothing, with no cellphone nor laptop nor PSP and only cards in hands, just to let time passes by for the the next day to come. So boring! 


       

Why it's better than Solitaire? Solitaire can be a boring game when you get upset by not opening all cards. Well, ofcourse I am pertaining to the real card game Solitaire, before it was adopted by computer and was eventually played virtually at present. Because, as far as I can still remember, before this electronic card game Solitaire, we play the card game using real cards. And, there are some interesting things you need to learn about this card game. I know that you may find this post quite away from the topic but I am just trying to show you first some of the things about the game Solitaire before telling you why I like the game tong-et more as a pastime than the Solitaire.
 
Alright! Let's go back to the game Solitaire. Back in my childhood, I used to play this card game taught by some of my playmates who are nowhere to be found right now. Information had been passed for generation on how to play this game properly, and take note, mystically and magically. Seriously!
 
According to them, which is according to hearsay as well, anyone who play the card game Solitaire has the chance to know if his or her wish will be granted or not. Yes guys, wish! The first thing you need to do is to wish first before you play as there can be only one wish per card deal. I believe that almost all of you knows the mechanics of this card play so I think I need not to present that here in this post.
 
Oh, before I forgot, the number one rule for this card play is that the card to be used must be virgin . Meaning to say, it was not used in gambling as the power of cards solely rely on this specific condition. Speaking of virgin, it reminds me of Elizabeth Bathory , the female Dracula with her endless search of this pure lass born in full moon, as her only way to walk under the scorching sun. Well, you know, I am just saying!
 
Well, anyway, another thing is that, cheating is not allowed. Ofcourse!
 
Automatic Card Shuffler
Honestly, I really find it very difficult to open all the cards upon playing the game. Probably, this is the reason why it's a game for our wishes because it was a difficult game thus making us just frustrated as most of the time we cannot finish openning all cards to end the game. This is the reason why, though there is a so-called mystique and magic to this card game I never play this game because it's very disappointing, and that is why I preferred Tong-et more.
 
Basically, Tong-et is played by three players. However, I find it very nice to play it alone by myself without any bias to all three sets of  cards which is supposedly to be played by the three players including myself. It was like competing with your ownself. I wish that it's not only here in the Philippines this game is played but by other people as well across the world.
 
So, to sum it up, I find Solitaire frustrating and like Tong-et more. Tong-et is ideally played by three, but can be solitary if you like it for pastime and not for gambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment